Outings & Sightseeing in Scarborough
Scarborough has many beautiful parks and places to explore! Check out Destination Toronto, Visit Scarborough, and our recommendations below to create your own adventure!
Whether you prefer exploring In Nature or Indoors, there’s lots to explore and do! And if your hungry, you’re in luck! Scarborough has lots of Restaurants to try!
For information on how to get around Scarborough and Toronto, check out our Travel & Accommodations page!
- The Scarborough Bluffs are a collection of 11 parks across 15km and include amazing views of the bluffs and Lake Ontario, and offer beaches, gardens, trails, and much more to experience.
- The Toronto Zoo is right around the corner–only a 10 minute drive from UTSC (30 minutes by bus). Pop in the view incredible animals and learn about their conservation efforts.
Rouge National Urban Park
- The Rouge National Urban Park is the largest urban park in North America. With free guided walks and a variety of trails, there’s something for everyone.
- The Scarborough Museum is a vibrant community you can explore to learn about its history.
Ontario Science Centre
- The Ontario Science Centre is filled with activities and exhibits to satiate your curiosity.
As a part of the Greater Toronto Area, you can expect to find plenty of delicious and unique food options! To get started satifying your cravings and expanding your palette, check out NARCITY Toronto for what the locals love, Toronto Life for takeout and delivery options, Taste Toronto for a thorough list of the 50 best restaurants in Scarborough, Noms Magazine for a selective top 12 list, or below for our personal recommendations!
- Makkal Chon
- B Boyz
- Roti Hut
- Mona’s Roti
On Campus and Near Campus Options
Check out what’s open across campus here, or get a walk in by checking out nearby options: